Just recently my Samsung Dishwasher got error code 1E or IE on the display. Every time when i turn the power ON to the dishwasher, this error code 1E shows up right away, flashing and beeping.
I tried to reset dishwasher by turning breaker OFF for 15 minutes, but it didn’t help, error still there.
Then i called to the service technician. He came to my house and diagnosed dishwasher. He was not able to solve the problem on his visit and recommended to me to replace the main control board on his next visit.
The control board was replaced after a while, but it didn’t fix the problem. Any suggestions what else could be?
The story above is not something uncommon. Having your Samsung dishwasher with error code 1E will give you a lot of headaches. Cause you can’t use it normally.
But don’t worry we have a solution How to Fix Samsung dishwasher with 1E error.
For some Samsung dishwasher models, error code 1E can indicate different issues:
1. Dishwasher Temperature Sensor failure. This is may caused by:
- Temperature Sensor Failure, when it’s not sending “proper readings” to the control board. And control board “thinks”, that the water in the dishwasher too hot.
- Temperature sensor dirty and require cleaning. When a calcium build-up “wrap” sensor around, then the sensor unable to measure the temperature of the water and therefore will not send correct readings to the control board.
- You may need to clean the temperature sensor first. If it will not help, just replace it. You can get one here.
This sensor is compatible with models including; DW7933LRASR/AA-01, DMT300RFS/XAC-00, DMT610RHS/XAC, DW80F600UTW/AA-01, DW7933LRABB/AA-01, DMT300RFW/XAA, DW7933LRAWW/AA-01, DMT300RFB/XAA, DMT300RFS/XAA, DMT800RHS/XAA, DMT800RHB/XAA, DW80F600UTB/AA-01, DW80J3020US/AA-00, DW80F800UWS/AA-01, DW80F600UTS/AA-01, DW80J3020UB/AA-00,DMT400RHW/XAA, DW80J3020UW/AA-00, DMT610RHS/XAC-00, DMT800RHW/XAA, DMT400RHS/XAA, DMT400RHB/XAA
2. Water not draining properly.
This issue can be caused by :
a. Partially or completely clogged drain hose under the sink side or on the drain pump side.
b. Jammed drain pump impeller ( motor not able to spin) and you can hear only humming sound coming from the pump, but not actual working sound.
c. Burnt Drain pump motor
3. Water intake problem
This issue can be caused by :
a. Water inlet valve malfunctioned electrically or mechanically. Electrically – burnt valve coils. Mechanically – clogged by calcium build-up solenoid valve.
b. Water tap under the sink was shut off.
Connect with an Appliance Repair Tech
Click here to use the chatbox to speak with one of our technicians.
No in-home service calls. No appointments.
How can I clear the error code 1E on my Samsung dishwasher?
There is no specific procedure on how to reset the Samsung dishwasher. You just need to unplug power or turn breaker in the basement OFF for 5 or so minutes.
And it will reset the dishwasher control board.