Bosch refrigerators rely on water filters to supply clean water to their water dispenser and ice maker. However, the
You can reset the Bosch Refrigerator
What Does The
Water Filter Mean On A Bosch Refrigerator?
The water filter indicator on your Bosch refrigerator is there to remind you to change the fridge’s
Once you perform those 2 tasks, the
How Often Does The
Water Filter Indicator Come On?
The indicator works on a timer. So, when you change the filter and clear the indicator, that will reset the timer. You can expect the indicator to turn on again 6 months after that.
How Do I Know When To Change The Filter In My Refrigerator?
You’ll know to change the
Connect with an Appliance Repair Tech
Click here to use the chatbox to speak with one of our technicians.
No in-home service calls. No appointments.
However, that’s not the only sign you should pay attention to.
So, if you use the water dispenser more than the average household, or if your water supply is usually quite dirty, you’ll need to replace the filter more frequently.
- Slow Water Flow: When water flows slower than usual out of the water dispenser or into the ice maker, that’s a clear sign you should change the
water filter. The reduced flow is happening because the filter is clogged with particles and is restricting smooth water flow.
- Water Has A Strange Taste: The drinking water that you get from your Bosch refrigerator shouldn’t taste too different from what you get anywhere else in your kitchen. So, if it’s been a few months since your last filter change and the water is tasting a little off, that means it’s time to get another one.
- Low Quality And Quantity Of Ice: Lastly, if you notice that your ice maker is producing ice less frequently and the cubes look or taste strange, that’s another clear sign. Remember: the ice maker and water dispenser receive water supply through the same filter. So, if the filter has gone bad, that will affect both parts.
What Should You Do When The
Water Filter Indicator Comes On?
When the water light indicator appears on your Bosch refrigerator, you can reset and clear it. First, however, you must remember that the light comes on for a reason, reminding you that the filter is likely dirty and requires a replacement.
So, before you reset the filter indicator, you must first replace the
Your Bosch refrigerator model will have its
- A push-in filter, or
- A twist-top filter
Suppose you’re ever unsure about the type of
Now, once you have all the information you need, there’s one more thing you have to do: remove the old filter and install a new one.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Firstly, shut off the water supply to your refrigerator. Doing that will prevent water from spraying out when you remove the filter.
- Next, locate the
water filterhousing and open the cover if it has one.
- Then, twist the
water filtercounter-clockwise to unlock it. That will free the filter and allow you to pull it out gently.
- After that, put the new
water filterin and turn it clockwise to lock it in place.
- Lastly, close the
water filterhousing cover if there is one.
With a new
Firstly, turn on the water supply to the fridge. Then, you must flush the new filter with water to clean it out and check for any potential leaks.
The most straightforward way to do this is by dispensing water for at least 3 minutes straight. You’ll be using approximately 2.25 gallons of water for that duration to flush the
Once you’ve confirmed that no leaks and the water are coming from the dispenser tastes fine, then you can reset the
Here’s how you can do that:
- First, press and hold the light/filter button on the control panel for 3 seconds.
- When done correctly, the
water filterindicator will turn off and only turn back on 6 months later to remind you about the following water filterchange.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some additional answers to questions about resetting your Bosch refrigerator filter:
How Long Do Bosch Water Filters Last?
You can expect a brand new Bosch
For example, if your household water supply is clean or already filtered, you can expect it to last longer. However, if the water supply is dirty and you use the fridge water dispenser a lot, you could require a new filter in as soon as 3 months instead.
How Often Should You Change The
Water Filter In A Bosch Refrigerator?
Bosch recommends changing your fridge
What Happens If You Don’t Change The
Water Filter In Your Fridge?
When you delay changing the
Besides that, the water and ice cubes that you take from your Bosch fridge will also taste bad or unusual. That’s because the water from those parts will not be as clean as it should be.
Will A Bosch Refrigerator Work Without A
Yes, you can continue to use your Bosch refrigerator even without its
Can I Use A Generic
Water Filter In My Refrigerator?
No, you shouldn’t use a generic or universal