There might come a time when the door on your LG refrigerator needs to be replaced. Perhaps the door was damaged when transporting the appliance between two places. Whatever the reason, you’ll be glad to know that it’s not only possible but also easy to do.
You can remove the door on your
In this guide, you’ll learn why your fridge door might have to be replaced, how to do it, and how much you can expect to pay.
Why Do Fridge Doors Have To Be Replaced?
The doors on your LG refrigerator are removable and replaceable. And as you’ll soon discover in the next section, doing so only involves a few straightforward steps.
But why would you need to replace your
Well, as it turns out, there are several reasons why you’d want to do that. They include:
- Repairs: Sometimes, you only need to remove your
LG fridgedoors temporarily. For example, a fridge in a cramped space can be quite challenging to repair. Removing the door makes it easy to access all parts of the appliance to carry out repairs. Then, when you’re done, you’ll replace the door with the same one.
- Aesthetics: You might also choose to replace your
LG fridgedoor if it has experienced too much wear or damage, making it unpleasant to look at. After all, your fridge is a crucial part of your home decor, particularly the kitchen. In this case, you can replace the damaged door with a new one.
- Excessive damage: Lastly, your fridge door might have suffered too much damage for it to be useful anymore. For instance, hard impacts during transportation can damage the door, preventing it from closing and causing cold air to leak out. In this case, you’ll have no choice but to purchase a replacement.
Whether temporarily or permanently, you can remove and replace your
How Do You Replace An
LG Fridge Door?
LG has done an excellent job of making their fridge doors easy to remove and replace. Here are the 5 steps you must follow to replace your fridge door:
Step 1: Disconnect Electrical And Water Supply
Before you do anything else, you must disconnect the fridge’s water and electrical supplies. Doing this ensures that you can remove the door safely with low injury risk and no danger of electrocution.
First, disconnect the electrical supply by:
- Removing the fridge’s plug from the wall socket
- Check the fridge’s control panel and display to ensure any retained power has drained out.
Next, shut off and disconnect the fridge’s water supply by:
Connect with an Appliance Repair Tech
Click here to use the chatbox to speak with one of our technicians.
No in-home service calls. No appointments.
- Closing the water shut-off valve behind the refrigerator.
- Disconnecting the water supply hose from your household water line.
Once you’re confident that you’ve disconnected power and water to the fridge, you can proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Remove Water And Electrical Connections
Your LG refrigerator door has a water hose and electrical wiring running through it. So, you must remove those connections before you can remove the door.
The exact steps will differ slightly depending on your
- Removing the top cover above the door that hides the electrical connectors.
- Disconnecting the electrical connectors that keep the door linked to the fridge’s main body.
- Disconnecting or removing the water hose that links the door to the fridge’s main body.
Your goal in step 2 is to ensure no hoses or wires connecting the door to the fridge. Again, the precise steps differ between models, so please refer to your user manual for additional guidance.
Step 3: Remove Fridge Door
Once you’ve removed the water and electrical connectors, you can safely remove the fridge door.
Now, shift your focus to the door hinge and perform these tasks:
- First, turn and remove the hinge locker that keeps the hinge secured to the fridge.
- Next, lift the door hinge and remove it.
- Lastly, you can lift the fridge door slowly and put it aside.
Step 4: Secure New Door
Next, take your replacement door and lower it onto the hinge pin. With the door closed, you can now reattach the door hinge you removed earlier and secure it with the hinge locker to keep it in place.
You should also test the door to ensure it can open and close correctly.
Step 5: Replace Connections and Test Door
Next, reattach the water and electrical connectors that link the new door to the fridge’s main body.
Once you do that, restore the water and power supply to the refrigerator and test that it functions correctly.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace An LG Refrigerator Door?
The prices for replacement LG refrigerator doors can differ significantly between models. For example, genuine replacements can cost anywhere from $200 to $700.
Again, the exact price will depend on your fridge model. That’s because fridge doors can be different in size, materials, and components.
Regardless of the price you have to pay, always remember these few things:
- Ensure compatibility: Firstly, you must always ensure that the door is compatible with your particular
LG fridgemodel. Cross-check the model numbers and even the measurements to ensure that they match up with your fridge and its door.
- Check authenticity: Next, always ensure that you’re buying genuine replacement parts from authentic suppliers. It’s best not to buy a cheap replacement door if you can’t be sure who’s selling it to you.
- Compare offers: Lastly, compare offers and get the best deals. Even if different places sell the replacement door at the same price, they can differ in terms of delivery costs, warranties, and other things. Compare them all and choose the best deal for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Need a bit more guidance? Here are a few more questions and answers you’ll find helpful:
How Do I Align The Doors On My LG Refrigerator?
After you replace your LG refrigerator door, you can align it by adjusting the nut at the lower door hinge. A standard wrench is all you need to turn the nut to raise or lower the door as needed.
What Happens If A Fridge Door Is Misaligned?
Leaving your new
How Long Does A
LG Fridge Take To Get Cold After Being Off?
Your fridge will typically need 24 hours to regain the cold temperature it had before you began replacing the door. To speed up that process, keep your new door shut as much as possible after you turn the fridge back on.
How Do You Turn Off The Water Line On An LG Refrigerator?
The water line that connects to your
What’s The Provided Wrench That Came With My
LG Fridge For?
The wrench that came with your