Are you tired of constantly being reminded to replace your Frigidaire air filter? It can be frustrating to have the status light flashing, reminding you to replace a filter you just replaced a few months ago. But don’t worry — there’s a way to reset the status light and stop the constant reminders.
To reset the Frigidaire air filter status light, press and hold it for 5–10 seconds until it starts flashing, then release and wait for it to turn off. If it doesn’t, there may be a problem with the air filter or fridge. Consult the manual or contact a professional.
In this article, we’ll show you how to reset the Frigidaire air filter status light so you can enjoy a fresh and odor-free fridge without the nagging. So if you’re tired of being reminded to replace your air filter, read on.
How To Reset Frigidaire Air Filter Status Light: Step-by-Step?
- Locate the air filter status light on the front of your fridge. It is usually located near the front panel of the refrigerator, near the top.
- Press and hold the light for 5 seconds until it starts flashing. You’ll need to apply moderate pressure to the light to activate it.
- Release the light and wait for it to stop flashing. Once you release the light, it should start flashing and then turn off after a few seconds.
- Try pressing and holding the light for 10 seconds if it doesn’t turn off. It could be that there is a problem with the air filter or the fridge itself if the light still does not turn off after pressing and holding it for 10 seconds.
Note: You should also double-check that the air filter is installed correctly and isn’t clogged with debris, as this can sometimes affect the status light.
Tips for Maintaining Your Frigidaire Air Filter
- Replace the air filter every six months or sooner if the status light is flashing. Frigidaire recommends replacing the air filter every six months or sooner if the status light is constantly flashing or if you notice any strange odors coming from the fridge. Regular air filter replacement helps ensure that the air filter is working effectively.
- Avoid placing strong-smelling foods directly next to the air filter. Foods with strong odors, such as garlic or onions, can affect the air filter’s effectiveness. To help extend the lifespan of your air filter, try to avoid placing these foods directly next to the air filter.
- Regularly clean the inside of the fridge to prevent odors from accumulating. A clean fridge is a fresh-smelling fridge. Periodically cleaning the inside of your fridge can help prevent odors and help extend the lifespan of your air filter, too.
- Avoid leaving the fridge door open for long periods. Whenever you open the fridge door, the air inside escapes, which causes the air filter to work harder to remove odors and contaminants. Keep your fridge door closed as much as possible to help extend the life of your air filter.
Troubleshooting Common Frigidaire Air Filter Issues
- Status light constantly flashing: You may need to replace your Frigidaire air filter if the status light continually flashes. See if resetting the status light resolves the issue by following the steps outlined in the previous section. It may be time to replace the air filter if the light continues to flash after resetting it.
- The fridge is not cooling correctly: Your fridge might not be cooling properly if the air filter is clogged. First, check to ensure the air filter is installed correctly and not clogged with debris. If the problem persists, it could be an issue with the fridge’s cooling system, and it is recommended to contact a professional for assistance.
- Strange odors from the fridge: Odd smells from your fridge may indicate that the air filter needs to be replaced. If the air filter needs to be replaced, and if necessary, reset the status light by following the instructions in the previous section.
Why Are Air Filters Necessary for Fridge Maintenance?
Keeping the air inside your fridge fresh and odor-free requires air filters. Since the air inside the refrigerator is constantly recirculated to keep it cool, a filter is vital to removing odors and contaminants. Unless an air filter is installed, the air inside the fridge can become stale and contaminated, leading to the spoilage of food.
Air filters should be replaced regularly for a variety of reasons. By replacing your air filter regularly, you’re making sure it’s working properly and removing odors and contaminants. It’ll help your fridge last longer and keep your food fresh.
Also, an air filter can prevent bacteria and mold from building up inside the fridge, which can cause health problems if ingested. In short, air filters are essential for keeping the air inside your fridge clean and fresh.
Choosing the Right Air Filter for Your Fridge
Frigidaire offers several different types of air filters for their fridges, each with its benefits. Here are the most common types you’ll likely encounter:
Connect with an Appliance Repair Tech
Click here to use the chatbox to speak with one of our technicians.
No in-home service calls. No appointments.
- Activated carbon filters: Activated carbon filters are made of a porous material that effectively absorbs odors and contaminants. They’re a good choice for fridges that store strongly-scented foods, as they can help remove odors from the air inside the refrigerator.
- Antimicrobial filters: Antimicrobial filters contain a material layer that helps inhibit the growth of bacteria and mold. They’re helpful for fridges that store perishable foods because they keep the air clean and free of harmful microbes.
- PureAir Ultra filters: PureAir Ultra filters are Frigidaire’s top-of-the-line air filter, combining the benefits of both activated carbon and antimicrobial filters. These filters are effective at removing odors and contaminants from the air, as well as inhibiting the growth of bacteria and mold.
Choosing the right air filter for your Frigidaire fridge is essential. To determine which filter is compatible with your fridge, consult the manual or contact a professional. Your fridge may not perform as expected if you use the wrong air filter. It may even void your warranty.
Keeping Your Fridge Smelling Fresh Without an Air Filter
If you can’t use an air filter or you’re looking for extra ways to keep your fridge smelling fresh, you can try several methods. Here are a few of the most popular suggestions:
- Use baking soda: By absorbing odors within the fridge, baking soda acts as a natural deodorizer. To use it, simply place an open box of baking soda on a shelf in the refrigerator to help absorb odors.
- Use activated charcoal: The use of activated charcoal is another natural deodorizer that can help absorb odors within the refrigerator. For best results, place a few pieces of activated charcoal in a small dish on a refrigerator shelf.
- Use essential oils: You can freshen up your fridge by using essential oils, such as lemon and tea tree oil. To use them, place a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and put them in the refrigerator to help neutralize odors.
When using alternative deodorizing methods, it’s important to use caution since some strategies may not be practical or adversely affect your food. If you need clarification on a particular method, consult the manual or contact a professional.
Generally, it’s always best to use the air filter provided by Frigidaire, as it’s specifically designed to work with your fridge, and it’s the most effective way to keep the air inside your fridge fresh and clean.
You can now enjoy a fresh and odor-free fridge without those annoying reminders by following these steps. To keep things running smoothly, replace your air filter every six months or sooner if the status light is constantly flashing.
And remember, it’s essential to avoid placing strong-smelling foods near the air filter and to clean the inside of your fridge regularly.